Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Thursday, October 13, 2011

September Birchbox

September was Birchbox's anniversary so everyone was anticipating a really nice box for this month. I got mine early around the 12th in September and here is what I got.


I was disappointed with this September box, nothing in there I really would use. Maybe the nail polish sticker, but it's not a color I would normally wear.  So I cancelled my Birchbox. I tried it for 6 months, and there were definitely hit and misses. I just want to give it a little break and maybe I will go back to it later. Haven't decided yet. For now, I'm saving my $10 a month.

But I also wanted to tell you about some other programs like the Birchbox if you ever want to try it out.  Christmas is just around the corner!

There's a new one out for men, that's called His Black Box. It's $12 a month and you can do gift subscriptions for your guy. I beleive they have a monthly or yearly plan as well.



Another is the QVC Beauty Test Tube.

New Beauty 10-piece Test Tube with Magazine Limited Edition $32

 What is it: A collection of some of the hottest and most in-demand products in beauty. In this test tube, you'll receive the current issue of NewBeauty magazine, along with a mix of full-sized, travel-sized, and deluxe-sized samples from DDF, Dr. Denese, Kate Somerville, Laura Mercier, Mally Beauty, philosophy, StriVectin, Supersmile, and WEN.

Who is it for: Anyone looking to sample a wide variety of fabulous beauty products at an unbelievable value.

Why is it different: This TestTube combines luxurious beauty products with extensive product and how-to information. New Beauty magazine provides insider information on trends and hot topics within the beauty world via respected experts from the beauty industry.

How do I use it: The included instructions and DVD provide detailed information and application tips for each product.

From NewBeauty.

Includes:
  • 4.2 oz Supersmile professional whitening toothpaste
  • 0.24 oz Mally Beauty waterproof volumizing mascara
  • 0.5 oz DDF advanced firming cream
  • 0.3 oz Dr. Denese HydroShield ultra moisturizing face serum
  • 6-oz WEN cleansing conditioner
  • 1-oz Laura Mercier foundation primer
  • 2-oz philosophy pure grace shower cream
  • 0.33 oz Kate Somerville Quench hydrating face serum
  • 0.12 oz StriVectin overnight facial serum
  • NewBeauty magazine
  • DVD
  • DVD run time is approximately 98 minutes
  • Made in Italy/USA



You can also read about this blogger's box here and closeup photos of her items:
http://mynewestaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/08/august-2011-new-beauty-test-tube-qvc.html

1 comment:

  1. Are these boxes free? It's really an interesting website!

    --Vera

    ReplyDelete