Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What's for dinner? Chicken Tikka Masala

We picked up this at Costco. I've never really tried Indian food before, so this will be my first attempt.

First the ingredients:

Mushrooms and Basil (on the bottom)

Green Beans

Cubed Chicken Breasts

Onions

Basmati Rice

And the TIkka Masala Sauce




Then prep:

Sauté the onions
Add the chicken


Then add the mushrooms and green beans

Then add the sauce

Cook and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are done

Top off with basil

And serve over basmati rice!

It has a very tangy taste, but not too fragrant. The instructions says to add some yogurt if you want but I didn't have any at the house. I ended adding some cream to balance out the tanginess.

Oh and hubby made a loaded potato cheddar soup with chives while I was making the chicken Tikka Masala. So I did not get a chance to take photos of his soup. But here is the finish product, topped off with bacon and sour cream.

3 comments:

  1. i love that sauce!!and fresh mushrooms!
    the food looks delicious dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think fresh veggies adds a nice touch to it!

      Delete
    2. oh yeah i totally agree!
      Even though fresh veggies can be slightly more expensive they give an extra taste to the dish!
      I personally like to use fresh mushrooms on eggs, rice, cold salads, on sauces...:P

      Delete