Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Frozen Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Pie

I came across this recipe that only requires 4 ingredients to make a cream pie and no baking is required. It seems fairly healthy with Greek Yogurt as its main ingredient, why not give it a try?


 

http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2012/07/blueberry-coconut-yogurt-pie/
 
Here are the 4 ingredients:
toasted coconut, vanilla greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, graham cracker crust.
(I had accidently got Plain Greek Yogurt instead, so I changed the recipe a little bit)
 
 
I toasted the coconut in the oven at 350 for about 10 min, but keep a close watch as it tends to burn easily.
 
toasting the coconut flakes
 
Then you start mixing your yogurt with the toasted coconuts. Here is where I changed the recipe a little bit. I start out with some heavy whipping cream and added some vanilla extract. Once you have the whipped cream done, save a little bit of it to top off on your pie later when serving.
 
I mixed the remaining whipped cream (about 1 cup) with 2 cups of Greek Yogurt in the mixer, then I added the toasted coconuts. Then pour into the graham cracker pie crust.
 
 
Freeze for at least 6 hours, thaw and decorate before serving.
 
Doesn't that make you droll?
The pie turned out really well, I saved some toasted coconuts and sprinkled it on before serving along with the whipped cream. This healthy dessert is only 300 calories for 1/8 of a pie (well I'm sure the whipped cream I used added on some extra calories there, but it was worth it)

Next time I would try not to toast the coconut in the pie mixture and only use toasted coconut on top for that crunch. It seems to have too much texture this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment