Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New at Starbucks (well, at least for me) - Red Velvet Whoopie Pie

I was getting my regular coffee from Starbucks today - Pike Place Roast with 2% Milk, and something caught my eye on their menu and I had to get it. I'm a sucker for Red Velvet cakes... This is the description on their website: cream cheese frosting and two small red velvet cakes. Yum!

The cake is moist, and the cream cheese frosting in the center is not overly sweet at all. Although it's delicious, but it's kind of pricey for 2 macaroon-sized cakes - $2.50, total with coffee =  $4.81.
 


Did you know?

While foods were rationed during World War II, bakers used boiled beets to enhance the color of their cakes. Boiled grated beets or beet baby food are found in some red velvet cake recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment