Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Friday, March 4, 2011

ROTM - Soyo Korean Barstaurant

ROTM - Restaurant of the Month.

Soyo Korean Barstaurant
7775 S. Rainbow Blvd
Ste 105

Las Vegas, NV 89139


One of my 2011's new year resolution is to try a new restaurant once a month.
In February, we went to try this Korean restaurant near our house. I love Korean food.
Most of the Korean restaurants are noisy, bright, crowded and with table BBQ.
Not Soyo.

It's a Barstaurant, as they call it.
You will see it as soon as you walk in.
This place reminds me of one of my favorite Japanese joint here in town, Ichiza, which I will post a detailed post later.

 They give you a bottle of a roasted corn tea and these aluminum bowls/cups when you first sit down.
 The restaurant interior
Our booth
 The daily choice side dishes that they immediately serve you, free and refillable.
 Korean sausage (filled with rice and buckwheat noodles, with a side of liver)
- the sausage was really good, but I can do without the liver.
 Kimchee Fried Rice - a bit spicy for my taste. And the bottle you see in the background is Lychee Soju, which is really tasty. They offer varieties of fruit flavors.
Beef short-rib stew - this the star of the show. This is to-die-for dish. The meat is so tender and melts in your mouth, and you can taste that it's been simmered for hours with daikon and carrots. I would order this dish every time I go.

Fried Dumplings - filled with pork and buckwheat noodles.

I highly recommend this restaurant. It's got a very cozy feel and the service is very friendly and attentive. And plus they have beer on tap and not to mention it's got great Soju and food! It's great that this place opens late night, until wee hours of the morning. So I imagine they have a late crowd since it's a bar. We went at normal dinner time, so there weren't very busy. All in all, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment