Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Restaurant.com & Sumo Sushi 2

Sumo Sushi 2
8795 W Warm Springs Rd
Ste 106

Las Vegas, NV 89148

We're a big sushi fan and always in search of a good sushi resturant. There are couple regular ones we go to but we've noticed there are lots of sushi restaurants near our house. So we decided to give one a try, if it turns out good, next time we crave sushi, we don't have to drive all the way across town to get it.


And if you know me, you know I'm a huge coupon user. And I discovered this site called www.Restaurant.com couple years ago. If you don't know about it, it's a site that sells coupons to local resturants across the nation. You can do a search by your zip code.




I knew we were going to try Sumo Sushi 2 eventually, so I went to do a search on the site, and they happen to have a coupon: $25 certificate for the price of $10. What better way to try a new restaurant, at discounted price?


It saves the certificates on their website and keeps track for you, so you can wait until you are ready to use it then go to their site to print it out. There are some minor restrictions on the certificates though. It expires 1 year after your purchase date. Often it comes with restrictions like - a minimum purchase, dine-in only, not valid on weekends, dinner-only, 18% gratuity automatically added. It will say on the restaurant page before you make a purchase, so you know what you're getting and how to use it. Those factors are not big deal for me, if I can get $25 of food for only $10.



And if you sign up to be a member, you will get coupon offers weekly or biweekly like this. And it varies from time to time, I've seen it for 80% off at times, so you're getting a $25 certificate for the price of $2! I've been spreading the word around this site to all my friends but I'm surprised not everyone have taken this great offer. So I decided to write about it as a reminder to save you some money! And chances are, there just might be some local restaurants near you that's on here! :)




Anyway, back to Sumo Sushi, the service is great, but it gets busier towards dinning hours so the service could get a little slow. But the atmosphere is nice and modern with a giant fish tank as soon as you walk in. The rolls selection is huge and they have a regular menu and just started doing all-you-can-eat (AYCE) for ~$25 per person. I have tried both. The AYCE menu has a lot of selections as well. 
My recommendations would be the popular "Something Wrong 69 Roll", "What the Heck #2 Roll", Tuna Karai (spicy tuna sashimi - poke style, my personal favorite so far), Baked Green Mussels, Plum Ice cream is to-die-for....and hubby's favorite, their Fried Rice! LOL he swears it's the best fried rice in town.

Check it out if you are ever in the area! This might be my favorite sushi joint in town!
One thing I do want to mention though, which a lot of Yelper (http://www.yelp.com/biz/sumo-sushi-2-las-vegas) gave a bad review, is because they will not honor the Restaurant.com coupon for the all-you-can-eat menu. Which is kind of expected since this is a great deal already, and since I don't really go for the AYCE menu that often.

Tuna Karai


No comments:

Post a Comment