Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birchbox

What is Birchbox?

I stumbled across this thing called Birchbox couple months back. For those that don't know what a Birchbox is, it's basically a monthly or yearly subscription that gives out 4-5 luxe beauty samples Beauty, Skincare, and Makeup products for the price of $10 a month, shipping included and no hidden fees.  You can cancel at anytime.

You fill out a brief beauty survey once you sign up, then they will pick your products for you, most likely you will get some different items than some other people. And it's shipped out from the east coast around the 10th(?) of the month, I usually get mine around the 15th.

To me, it's like opening Christmas presents every month and the sample sizes they give you is great for traveling.  Some people will argue that you can get samples from Sephora for free, why pay the $10 for it? But personally I think the items you are getting with Birchbox are bigger than the ones you get from Sephora, and the chances of you getting a full-size product is pretty good, then you will get your $10 worth for sure. Some of the full size products retails up to $100+ (i.e. a parfum), so a little sample of it is definitely more than $10.

I was introduce to a lot of different high-end brands that I haven't heard of through Birchbox and paying $10 is a great way to sample those products before dishing out $$$ to get the full size products.

If you like the samples they sent you, you can go to their website and purchase the full-size products, a lot of times they offer free shipping on those.

I wasn't really happy with my first two Birchbox because I did not get any full size products (i.e. Stila Eyeshadow that retails for $18) while a lot of of other people did.  But then my June Birchbox came, and it has a full size Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten that retails for $29.50 and it is beautiful color. I loved it!

I am not certainly not pushing anyone to get this and don't benefit in any way by telling you this. Just thought if you love beauty, skincare and makeup as much as I do, maybe you will love Birchbox!

My July Birchbox
My June Birchbox
My April Birchbox

The card that comes with each package the describes the products in detail.

My list of products I got each month.
Prices of the full size products that is in July's Box.

1 comment: