Wendy's Food Blog

Wendy's Food Blog

Categories

Friday, August 26, 2011

What have I been up to?

I been doing a little bit of hauling that I would like to share. It may be nothing exciting but I was personally excited about these.

1.  Perfume - One of my favorite perfume is by Marc Jacobs with a hint of Gardenia. The one I have is a 3.4 oz and it retails for $95. I'm on my second bottle now, I don't use it everyday, but it does last for a long time. But I haven't been using it because the sprayer broke, it does not spray out the perfume anymore. Marc Jacobs makes a roller ball size perfume that you can purchase for $25 for 0.34 oz. But I don't really need to buy more of the perfume when I still have a huge bottle left.

So I've been searching for something that I can transfer my perfume to, and I came across this thing called Travalo, it's a refillable perfume atomizer.

  • pocket sized perfume spray bottle that refills in seconds directly from a big fragrance spray bottle.
  • no funnel, no spills, requires no skill
  • over 65 sprays 
It had easy directions on the package and it took me about 20 pumps to fill up my Travalo. Now I can carry my perfume around in my purse and touch up during the day also. I got my off ebay for $10 & free shipping, I haven't seen this in the stores, so I figured it's easier just order this online. I love it! A lot of your favorite perfumes probably don't make a travel size rollerball, so you might like to get one of these to carry around in your purse if that's the case.


2. Empty Palettes - if you read my beauty blog, I talked about depotting eyeshadows and putting them in CD cases. I came across these adorable empty magnetic palette cases from Etsy, and they are $12.99 each, much cheaper than the Z-Palette and other name brand ones. And you have lots of designs to pick from. I ordered these on a Sunday night, got them on Wednesday. The seller is 'anothersoul' and she is super nice and friendly. She also included a handwritten thank you note.

Exterior
Interior
All of them filled

3.  Food - during my last blog I talked about Traditional Chinese Festival foods that I miss and crave. I forgot to mention these as well.

Egg Yolk Cake - it's got red bean paste and a dry salty egg yolk on the inside, wrapped in a buttery flaky pastry shell. As you bite into it, you get a bit of salty & sweet. Perfect combination!


Another photo, showing what the inside looks like

Another one is Chinese Pork Jerky. Those of you that had it knows what I'm talking about. It's nothing like the chewy dry beef jerky that you get here in US. These are moist, tender and coated with BBQ sauce yet it's so easy to eat, just peels apart. Just like the ones I used to eat in Taiwan.

I found this shop online, called Little Red Dot Kitchen. They call this bakwa, which means meat jerky in Chinese. They also offer Turkey Bakwa and also lite version of the Pork if you are worried about calories. I went for the originals just to start out.  

On their website they have snaking ideas, you can eat them with rice soup, on top of salads, make a sandwich, even on top of ice cream (eew).  I guess it's kind of like bacon? It can be put on anything and everything and make it taste good. It's vacuum sealed and can be stored in room temperature for 2 weeks. They are based out of San Francisco, and they have a local pick up option if you live near there. My order took 1 week to get here, they shipped 3 days after I ordered and got here in 3 days. I think they make them in batches as orders come in, make sure it's fresh so that's why my order was not shipped right the way.  Enough talk, here are some pictures!




1 comment:

  1. Yeah, mooncake and pineapple cake are piling up my place@@
    --Vera

    ReplyDelete